A Brief Overview of the Employer Accreditation in NZ
How to Become an Accredited Employer?
Before becoming an accredited employer, Immigration New Zealand will assess your accreditation application thoroughly. The application is evaluated based on the different criteria mentioned below:
- An employer should maintain a robust financial position
- Effective human resource policies should be incorporated in the organization
- Healthy working practices
- Commitment to recruit and train citizens of New Zealand
Employee Requirement Under Immigration Instructions
- The applicant should be aged 55 years or below
- Should fulfill the immigration health and character necessity
- Should be an authentic applicant intending to obey the NZ visa conditions
Offers Extended By an Accredited Employer to an Overseas Skilled Laborer
- The employment offer should be genuine and authentic for the specific position stated in the employment document.
- The service which an accredited employer intends to provide should be their core business area. The employer will be responsible for employee’s work and business activity one they have recruited any overseas employee.
- An employer is bound to pay a minimum salary of NZ $76560 based on 40 hours per week of duty hours. The payment does not include any benefits related to employment like uniform and medical claims.
- The employment offer should be for a minimum period of 2 years.
- The employment should not be part-time. It should be full-time where an employee has to work a minimum of 30 hours a week.
- The work visa application filed by the applicant is assessed and reviewed by the immigration NZ department. Once it has been verified, the overseas visa applicant is granted multiple entry visas.
- The employment agreement should clearly include significant employment laws, specified terms and conditions, and holiday requirements that employees can utilize in NZ.
- A proof of provisional registration should be submitted to INZ if the law needs a separate individual registration to avail of the offer. Book a consultation with our NZ immigration experts to know more about employment offers. They will help you understand the latest policies and provisions put in place by the NZ government and the INZ.
Benefits of Being an Accredited Employer in NZ
- The reputation of an accredited employer in NZ is enhanced due to accreditation.
- Suppose your business requires you to hire more and more skilled laborers and a deft workforce from different parts of the world. In that case, an accreditation status NZ will act as your gateway to find and recruit suitable employees for crucial jobs.
- The accredited employers in NZ can avail of a special category of work visa with different privileges and facilities.
- Once an employer is accredited, they benefit from supporting work visas from different countries across the world.
- No additional employer supplementary form is needed to support the visa application form of any candidate applying for employment in NZ.
- The Immigration NZ gives applications related to Work to Residence (accredited employer) visas unique preferences.
- After the employer’s accreditation, no labor market test is required for further process.
- The residence pathway is allotted to employees who are recruited by an accredited employer. However, the residence visa holder is dedicated to an INZ branch.
Book a consultation with our experts to know more about employer accreditation requirements. They have been catering to such needs of both indigenous New Zealanders and migrant laborers over the years. Our experts have diverse knowledge in the field of migrant laborer employment in the NZ job ecosystem and can therefore shed light on the various facets of employer accreditation.