The process and the effort needed for getting a character waiver is quite different from that of getting a special direction. If you have character issues and are looking for help in deciding your future course of action to proceed with your New Zealand Visa application, look no further. NZ Migration Help has been assisting its clients in getting their NZ visa approvals despite their character issues for many years. Our immigration experts have a high success rate at getting character waivers and special directions, even in the most complex situations. Book a consultation to discuss your character history.
Character Issues That Can Be Handled With a Character Waiver
- Sentencing that lead to imprisonment
- A guilty verdict for being dishonest, committing a sexual offence, or being involved in violence or drugs
- A past conviction in any country for laws related to immigration, passport, or citizenship
- Not being forthcoming or offering false/misleading information on a visa application (yours or someone else’s)
Character Issues That Need a Special Direction
- Any sentence that led to imprisonment exceeding 5 years
- A past ban from entering New Zealand
- One or more year of sentence resulting from a conviction that happened in the last 10 years
- Removal, deportation or ban from any country
- Being a potential risk to the country’s security or public order/interest
- Probability of you engaging in acts that may lead to your imprisonment in New Zealand
Special Directions are extremely difficult to get, but our Auckland based immigration experts team has one of the highest success rates in the industry for getting success with these petitions. We also specialise in getting character waivers for the most convoluted character issues. Book your consultation to discuss your case with our licensed immigration advisers.
Getting a Character Waiver or Special Direction
In case you are still confused about whether you have a character issue, feel free to contact us for a consultation to get our open and honest advice.
We excel at getting character waivers and special directions timely and cost-effectively. Take advantage of our many years of experience and expertise. Book a consultation and discuss your character history with one of our immigration experts.