Global Impact Visa (GIV)
This provides impactful entrepreneurs and investors with a visa for 36 months that provides them with an opportunity to create, support, and incubate ventures and models that can have a positive impact in the world. After the completion of three years, the migrants can apply for permanent residency in New Zealand.
How Long Can You Stay on New Zealand Global Impact Visa?
What Does a New Zealand Global Impact Visa Allow You to Do?
- Global Impact Visa allows you to live, study and work in New Zealand for a time period of 36 months.
- After the completion of 30 months being on the Edmund Hillary Fellowship, you can also apply for permanent residence in New Zealand.
Two Stages of the Application Process:
- Submission of application and acceptance into the Edmund Hillary Fellowship (EHF).
- Application for Global Impact Visa.
The Edmund Hillary Fellowship
Application for a Global Impact Visa
Requirements for Global Impact Visa:
- The applicant would require an offer letter from EHF.
- NZ$36,000 maintenance funds are a pre-requisite that will help the applicant to support himself/herself and family for the first year.
- Health, character and English language requirements have to be fulfilled by the candidate.
Residence for EHF Fellows
Things to Keep in Mind About Global Impact Visa
- The application for a Global Impact Work Visa can only be made once you have been selected by the Edmund Hillary Fellowship.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to remain on the Edmund Hillary Fellowship for 30 months before making an application for permanent residence. To be eligible for residence, the support of the Edmund Hillary Fellowship must be maintained.
- The applicant cannot include a partner or dependent children in the work visa application. However, the dependent spouse or children can apply for a New Zealand visa based on their relationship with the applicant. However, the residence health and character criteria have to be met accordingly.
Need Help in Applying For Global Impact Visa?
For more information about the application procedure for Global Impact Visa, we are happy to help. For a free consultation that will take you a step ahead in your future aspirations, book a consultation with us.