Section 61 Requests
- Check your approved visa
- Look for the stamp the immigration officer placed on your passport when you entered
- Must leave New Zealand;
- Or get a Section 61 request approval to reinstate your immigration status in the country
Are you privileged to request a Section 61 approval? No, but don’t give up yet. We can help you get the best shot. For many years, NZ Migration Help has been serving its international clients to stay compliant with their New Zealand visa status. We know the ins and outs of the Section 61 request, which is probably your best way of getting out of becoming illegal if you have stayed longer in the country than your visa allows. Book a consultation today.
Overstayed Your Visa? Here Is What You May Have to Face:
- Not able to study or work
- Pay for your healthcare costs even if you were on a government-approved program before
- Risk of a total ban from entering again if you overstay by more than 42 days
- A real threat of detention or deportation
The Section 61 Request Process
- Copy of your personal information from your passport
- Identification and contact information on file with the INZ; this includes your client number, DOB, full name, mailing address, phone number, email, etc
- An account of why you could not leave the country in time, including any contributing commitments towards work and/or family
- Why is it beneficial for New Zealand to consider lengthening of stay in case you are looking for a longer than normal extension?
- Kind of visa and duration you seek
INZ Section 61 Request Handling Process
- Explain the decision
- Request any further clarification known to them for deciding the case
- Issue you the kind and duration of the visa you have requested
- Grant you a different New Zealand visa even if you meet the criteria
INZ Rejected Your Section 61 Request, Now What?
As you can now well see, a Section 61 request is your last chance to reinstate your immigration status if you have overstayed your visa. Do not jeopardise your New Zealand dream. Work with the best. Our Auckland based team of immigration experts has an excellent success rate with Section 61 requests. Book your consultation with our licensed immigration consultants to see how we can help you at the best prices and get you a quick decision.