Immigration New Zealand, like any other organization of international repute, has a very well laid complaint procedure. Every organization does make mistakes despite being high on the efficiency scale. The same is the case with the immigration department of New Zealand. You, as their client, have full rights to complain against any misdoing by them.
They have a well-formed complaint redressal system along with ombudsmen. The following information will help you complain about issues properly.
Complaints Against INZ Services & Processes
If you think that the immigration department has not followed the due process, you may complain about the issue. Search for the appropriate website depending upon the nature of the complaint. There is a dedicated process for handling complaints, and due investigations are carried about:
- Complaints regarding any services you received from Immigration New Zealand. This includes any wrong information put up in the public domain too.
- Complaints about any service received from the panel physician or clinic.
- Any process and communication failure at the immigration department’s end.
- A complaint about the service provided by a visa application centre.
Immigration New Zealand has many visa application centers across the globe. Depending upon where you have applied from, any grievances would be handled by that specific center only. You may contact the center directly and lodge your complaint, or you can use the respective websites to lodge a complaint online too.
Complaint Against a Licenced Immigration Adviser
In case you feel that your immigration adviser is of a doubtful character or has provided you with wrong services, you may complain against him/her using the official immigration adviser’s authority website. You don’t have to be directly involved with the adviser to complain against him/her. Anyone with an iota of suspicion on the adviser can get him/her investigated by the authorities. For more information, you can directly get in touch with us.
Please note that you cannot lodge a complaint about:
- Inquiries for individual visa application status.
- Complaint cloaked as a general inquiry.
- Disupute a decision on visa application.
- New Zealand’s immigration policy or any new changes in it.
The average response time for a complaint is 25 working days. In case you need more assistance, feel free to get in touch with us.