Post study work visa New Zealand is for all those who love to explore the country as a career option. New Zealand offers so much to the professional who has the right skills set. We know what it feels like to dive deep into a new culture and become a part of its economy. In an effort to suffice the skill shortage of the nation, the government of New Zealand came up with this category of Visa.
New Zealand Post Study Work Visa
If you have the desire to live and work in New Zealand then post study work visa New Zealand will surely leave you with a sense of elation. With this Visa, you can live and work in the country and actually support yourself financially. Cherish first hand the feel of the Kiwi way of life. We have a lot to offer for a jovial and educated individual who wishes to be a part of the countries’ growth.
Post-study work Visa is applicable for those persons who have completed a higher education degree from New Zealand, and the skills acquired through it is required by the local employers. You can only apply for this Visa once, the exception to the rule is when you have acquired a second higher degree which is either a graduate or postgraduate level degree and you have spent at least 30 weeks studying in New Zealand for acquiring it. This Visa does not allow you to provide commercial sexual services nor lets you operate or invest in the same. There is no provision for inclusion of your partner or dependent children in post-study work visa of New Zealand. Your partner and dependent children may apply for a separate Visa as per the laid down rules. This Visa does allow you to work for any employer in New Zealand and take up any job which suits you. Come and experience the beauty that New Zealand is.
New Developments in Post Study Work Visa
On August 8, 2018, the immigration authorities of New Zealand made some great and significant changes to the post-study work visa. These changes and rules will be enforced from 26 Nov 2018. The changes majority focus on international students and create a clear professional pathway for them.
Following are the changes:
- Employer-assisted post-study work visa will no longer exist
- 1-year Post-study open work visa for students studying Level 4 to 6 and non-degree Level 7 qualifications, with an additional year for Graduate Diploma graduates who are working towards registration with a professional or trade body will be there.
- Provision for a 2-year Post-study open work visa for students studying Level 4 to 6 and non-degree Level 7 qualifications outside Auckland, provided study is completed by December 2021.
- Provision for a 3-year Post-study open work visa for degree Level 7 or above qualifications.
- International students studying Level 8 qualifications have to be in an area specified on the Long Term Skill Shortage list in order for their partner to be eligible for an open work visa.
For those of our readers who already have an employer-assisted post-study work visa, a variation in conditions form has to submitted. Please click here to download it.
Kindly send us the form after filling it, we would be glad to help you sort out the changes in rules for you.
For further information on this category of Visa please get in touch with one of our professional advisers.