Qualification Criteria for Visas for Dependent Children
Dependent Child Visa for Resident Visas
- Under 17: The child must be single.
- 18-20: The child must be single and without children.
- 21-24: The child must be single, without children, and financially dependent on an adult.
Dependent Child Visa for Temporary Visas
- Under 17: The child must be single and financially dependent on one or both parents.
- 18-20: The child must be single, without children, and financially dependent on one or both parents.
Dependent Child Visa for Worker Visitor Visa
Dependent Child Student Visa
Dependent children of non-resident visa holders are generally not allowed to attend regular primary, intermediate, and secondary schools. However, they can obtain a Dependent Child Student Visa, which enables them to attend these schools. The duration of stay on this visa is tied to the parent’s visa. Dependent children on this visa may also qualify for free schooling as domestic students. For tertiary-level education, a New Zealand Student Visa is necessary.
Application Process for Visas for Dependent Children
Gather Required Documents
Submit the Application
Benefits of Visas for Dependent Children
- Live and study in New Zealand indefinitely
- Access to subsidized education and free schooling for primary and secondary levels
- Eligibility to seek employment (for children of working age)
- Ability to explore New Zealand as a visitor