Parent’s are undoubtedly the most precious people in the world. Very often their children have to leave them back and go abroad to pursue their careers. Old age is a worrying phase and most of the people want to spend their retirement time with their children.
New Zealand is now providing Parent Resident Visa NZ for adult citizens to join their children in the country. New Zealand is one such country that provides a lot of privileges for Parent Resident Visa Holders.
Overview Of Parent Resident Visa in New Zealand
- New Zealand allows people to join their adult New Zealand residents or resident child, as the case may be.
- The Parent Resident Visa NZ offers an indefinite period of stay to live with your loved ones and enjoy the beauty and culture of the country.
- Parent Resident Visa tries to support and improve the economic goals of the government, concerned with immigration, and to retain and attract productive and skilled immigrants to the country.
The following sections will now provide a detailed input of the requirements for a Parent Resident Visa and the things to keep in mind while applying. Interested people need to send an expression of interest to Immigration New Zealand.
Requirement of Parent Resident Visa NZ
New Zealand has a two-tier system of granting the Parent Resident Visa.
Parents applying for residence have to meet one of the criteria of Tier 1 which include the following:
- The applicant needs to have a sponsor, meeting the minimum annual income requirements as per the norms of New Zealand.
- The applicant needs to have a sufficient basic lifetime income.
- The applicant needs to bring a sufficient settlement amount to the country that would help him/her survive.
- In Tier 2’s case, applicants need to have a sponsor, meeting the minimum income requirements for this tier.
- The other children(if any) live permanently and legally outside the country of residence of the applicant.
- A person is eligible to apply for a Parent Resident Visa NZ, under parent category only if they have received an invitation concerning the same.
- Applications must be submitted within four months of receiving the invitation.
- The letter of invitation must not be revoked.
- The applicant must meet the character, health, and language requirements.
- Parents need to be sponsored by their adult child meeting the sponsorship requirements. They will also have to meet the requirements of the family relationship as per the rules of immigration.
- The applicant cannot have a dependent child.
- The sponsor of the applicant has to be a citizen or a resident of New Zealand for at least three years, before the date of application.
The sponsor of the applicant must meet the following obligations for ten years after the Parent Resident Visa is granted:
- Providing suitable accommodation
- Looking after the health and welfare
- Paying any costs related to deportation and repatriation(in case).
Note: – If the sponsor is not meeting the obligations, the applicant will be determined to have breached the visa conditions and made liable for deportation.
The sponsor may have to repay money to the New Zealand Government or a third-party if they spend money as a result of the sponsor’s failure to meet the obligations.
However, a person can be denied entry if they don’t meet the character requirements, their circumstances are different than they were when the visa was granted, or if they refuse to cooperate with Immigration New Zealand.
Once you are through, go ahead. Live with your loved ones and enjoy what the country has to offer.
Benefits of Parent Resident Visa NZ
- People can travel in and out of the country whenever they like until their travel conditions expire.
- For traveling after that, people need to apply for either a Permanent Resident Visa or a Variation of the travel conditions.
- The travel conditions expire after 10 years from the date of arrival.
People can work in any occupation as they like as long as
- The work is legal.
- They are not involved in any commercial sexual services.
- Do not invest in businesses that promote commercial sexual services.
- They have the necessary occupational registration to do that work in New Zealand.
New Zealand has many top class institutes where holders of the Parent Resident Visa can study. The visa allows a person to study as long as they like. The country offers great courses in Information Technology, Animation, Science and all other streams. Apart from all this, the company of loved ones and a great country and culture to explore is a primary benefit.
Why stay away from your loved ones when New Zealand is offering such a great opportunity under the Parent Resident Visa? People missing their children, living in New Zealand do not need to worry anymore. They can apply for the Parent Resident through any NZ Migration Help Consultant and get a Visa to live together happily in the land of the Black Caps.