However, the most striking actions have been taken by Immigration NZ. Apart from introducing several ingenious visas like the Critical Purpose Visitor Visa, the short-term COVID-19 Visitor Visa, it has also extended several temporary work visas, while putting in more work opportunities for the Skilled Migrant category. These actions have been carefully taken to combat the unexpected situation that the viral pandemic has created all across the world. Currently, NZ has the least number of casualties and infections due to the COVID-19 pandemic and has also allowed several nations to initiate travel to the country.
According to the Honorable Minister of Immigration – Kris Faafoi, and the Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, the above steps along with stringent health and welfare regulations will ensure the well-being of the countrymen while trying to revive the entire nation and its various industrial sectors that had suffered a blow due to the pandemic.
Managed Isolation Upon Arriving in NZ
The initiative for managed isolation due to COVID-19 gained appraisal from the international community for tackling the infected cases in 2020-2021. Book a consultation with our immigration experts to get more information on managed isolation facilities. Our immigration experts will provide you necessary counsel about entering a managed isolation facility upon arriving in NZ and how to get along with your stay in such a facility.
Facilities in Managed Isolation
- Free basic toiletries and refreshments on arrival, including tea and coffee
- Unlimited access to WIFI and TV
- Free laundry services.
- Extra purchases or calls from your room landline will be charged separately.
Meals and Food
Moving around and leaving your facility
- For taking part in the planned outdoor exercise as prescribed by medical practitioners.
- In cases of emergency, you shall be permitted to leave the facility.
- To access healthcare, you are allowed to leave the facility.
- You are allowed to leave your original isolation facility if you have to shift to a different facility for health or infrastructural reasons.
Steps Taken by the Managed Isolation Staff to Ensure Safety
Wearing a mask
- When you are going outside your room
- Someone else enters your room, for example – for cleaning or giving you food
- When asked, you must put on a mask.
Proper arrangements and facilities by the government of NZ ensure safety and security to the travelers arriving in the country. Further, the article explains all the necessary facilities that managed isolation provides you when you step in here. Book a consultation with our immigration experts if you are confused and want to know more about managed isolation on your arrival. They will be happy to walk you through the entire process. It will safeguard your health and interests upon arrival in New Zealand.