2021 Resident Visa - Snapshot
- Standalone NZ resident visa with a clear pathway to resident status
- Allows for quicker family settlement in NZ
- Minimal risk of refusal
NZ Resident Visa - 2021 - The Process
- You have to make the application online.
- You would need a valid Real Me identification for the same.
- You would need to upload all the evidence that is required with the application.
- Phase one of applications are processed within 3 days.
- Skills based applications might take a little longer for processing.
“Please note that there is zero scope for exceptions and discretion for new NZ Resident Visa -2021”
List of work visa categories that the principal applicant as on 29th September 2021
- Post Study Work Visa
- Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
- Essential Skills Work Visa
- Religious Worker Work Visa
- Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work Visa
- Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
- Silver Fern Practical Experience Work Visa
- Trafficking Victim Work Visa
- Migrant Exploitation Protection Work Visa
- Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Work Visa
- Victims of Family Violence Work Visa
- South Island Contribution Work Visa
- Work Visa granted under Section 61 (provided the applicant held another eligible visa type within 6 months before being granted a Section 61 visa)
- Some Critical Purpose Visitor Visas (CPVV):
- Critical health workers for longer-term roles (6 months or longer), and
- Other critical workers for long term roles (more than 6 months)
Critical Purpose Visa Holders That Are Not Allowed To Apply in Phase - 1
- Fishing crews
- Agriculture plant operators
- Horticulture plant operators
- Recognized seasonal employer visa holders
Other Notable Points
- Main applicant needs to be in NZ at the time of filing an expression of interest.
The main applicant should have been in NZ on 29 September 2021.
- The main applicant should have a valid visa .
- A person who was in Australia on that date, and had departed New Zealand to be in Australia between 6 April and 23 July 2021 is also eligible to apply.
- Application process has two distinct time bound phases.
- The cutoff date for all the phases is 31 July 2022.
- Applications under phase 1 can be made from 1 December 2021 to 1 March 2022.
- One can also apply later till July 31, 2022.
Please note that if you are a critical purpose visa holder who figures out in the list that is not allowed to apply in phase 1 then it is vitally important for you to NOT apply in the phase -1, you must apply in the PHASE-2 of the visa application ONLY.
Avenues for the Principal Applicant Where He Can Apply
- Applicants should have been in NZ on or before 29 September 2018.
- Applicants should have been in NZ for 821 days between 29 Sept 2018 to 29 Sept 2021.
- Applicants must be able to prove that he received a minimum of 27 NZD per hour while at work.
- This pay rate was applicable as on 29 September 2021 for the role specified in the visa.
- Only full time employment will be acceptable.
- Contract work can be considered if the applicant can prove that it has been the regular mode of work for them.
- If the wage rate was reduced due to COVID and it can be proved that it was reversed afterwards, then the applicant is allowed to apply.
- Extra documentation may be required if the pay rate has not been established.
- Long term skills shortage list.
- Personal care givers and critical health workers.
- Primary sector roles.
- Health and education sector vocations requiring occupational registration.